[Accepted] Mike Simms Moderation Application

Submit your applications for moderator here.

Moderators: Co-Owner, Common Sense Committee, Owner

Evilsweetblock

[Accepted] Mike Simms Moderation Application

Post by Evilsweetblock » Fri Sep 06, 2019 4:24 am

In-Game Name: Mike Simms

Steam ID: STEAM_1:0:29226738

Steam Profile URL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/evilsweetblock

Time zone: PDT

Do you have a microphone, and are you willing to use it?: Yes

Why do you want to become a staff member?: I've grown up with this server, seen it change hands and names. Been through hundreds of rule changes and seen probably thousands of people cycle throughout the game mode. I'd like to be staff to help moderate the server that is a huge part of me, as well as keep it running and alive for many more years to come.

What do you think is the purpose of being staff on a server running the fallout decay gamemode?: I think the main purpose of being staff of decay is to keep the players happy. Although staff will often find themselves moderating sits and punishing people, at its very core the main jobs of staff is to modify rules so that everyone can enjoy them without them being too restricting, or too loose. Most staff would say that the core part is to do sits, but if you do a good job as a staff member, write the best and most concise rules you can, and keep the players happy, you will be much less likely to upset the player base or cause sits that could of been avoided. This isn't to say I'd shy away from punishing a player or banning a minge, I just feel like i'd rather focus on keeping the game enjoyable over fine tuning rules and punishing anyone who doesn't conform to them.

If you were to describe your reputation on the server in 3 words, what 3 words would you use?:
Active, Leader, Creative

On a scale of 1-10, how familiar are you with the current rules?:
I'd say I'm probably a 7 or 8 on the rule scale. I will admit I've had a rocky past, but overall I haven't broken any rules in the past few wipes.

Copied from the steam group with few edits, Lets get it done gamers :D

Tampy
Developer

Re: Mike Simms Moderation Application

Post by Tampy » Fri Sep 06, 2019 12:52 pm

Personally I believe we should give simms a chance, as we are in more need of staff members and I think he would do just as fine as a moderator.

+1

Folding Freeman
Owner

Re: Mike Simms Moderation Application

Post by Folding Freeman » Sat Sep 14, 2019 5:55 pm

[Accepted] Welcome Little man.